When I blogged the other day about my "soul houses", I posted a quote by Henry Ward Beecher. I found his quote in a book by an expressive arts therapist. Today I decided to research who he is/was. I found the most amazing quote that should have been posted when I blogged about my book obsession.
Books are not made for furniture, but there is nothing else that so beautifully furnishes a house.
and this one!
Where is human nature so weak as in the bookstore?
and this one!
Where is human nature so weak as in the bookstore?
What a fantastic discovery! I am loving what this man had to say. Maybe a month ago I blogged about not saying something nice like "I love you" or "I'm sorry" and then following it with a"but"..........
The meanist, most contemptable kind of praise is that which first speaks well of a man, and then qualifies it with a "but".
Henry Ward Beecher
Henry Ward Beecher
No comments:
Post a Comment