We went to the Maple Sugar Festival in Monterey, Virginia yesterday. I was more excited about the amazing architecture and walking the streets off the beaten path than I was the sugary maple confections! The one purchase of the day......a handmade wooden firetruck for Rowan. I would say that if you are going for the festival the two hour drive plus the hour we spent on the mountain in bumper to bumper traffic......it is not worth it. However......it is worth a trip just to walk around this quaint little town.
My post title does not make sense.....I forgot to explain. As I said, we spent most of the day looking at the stunning architecture and not so much worrying about tasting anything maple.....that is until we stopped at the little general store.....this was 6pm and they were back-ordered 30 dozen doughnuts! Great for them.....not so great for us!
My post title does not make sense.....I forgot to explain. As I said, we spent most of the day looking at the stunning architecture and not so much worrying about tasting anything maple.....that is until we stopped at the little general store.....this was 6pm and they were back-ordered 30 dozen doughnuts! Great for them.....not so great for us!

The sweetness of a sleeping baby is something that delights your heart!! Especially, if he had any of those maple treats--hahahah.
ReplyDeleteI made my way here via Susanna. I'm so glad that I did. You are creating a lovely, creative spot here in your little corner of the blogiverse. Welcome to Blogland!
ReplyDelete