Thursday, March 26, 2009

Birds


As I've said before.....I LOVE birds! I suppose I really didn't realize just how much it affects my artwork until I started taking Jena's expressive arts therapy class. Everything I have created in her class so far has either a bird, a nest, eggs.....something connected to birds! The week before we created our masks we were talking about the process. I mentioned that I had created a belly cast when I was pregnant with Rowan. I was gently nudged to bring it to class the following week. It was sitting upstairs in what will become Rowan's room. I asked Rex if he could fetch it for me.....I smiled and laughed so hard because he walked into our bedroom with it hung over his neck. But.....it gave me the idea and I put the cast on me and I was taken back in time.....over three years ago when I was pregnant with Rowan. I rested my hands on top of my belly cast....looking down......smilingly remembering.

I painted the cabinet behind my belly in 1993. I was inspired by a coat rack I bought in Germany when Forrest was 6 months old. As I sit here and look around my house I am surrounded by beautiful birds. Check out these birds by Rudi Hurzlmeier! I have these framed and hung over the mantle!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment