I have been looking for a book of bird illustrations for quite some time. I enlisted the help of a much admired artist who uses a lot of birds in her artwork. She suggested an inexpensive field guide for birds.....I found one and the price was right.....$5.95! I was almost ready to take my little book up to the counter and then this book! ("In this stunning assemblage of words and images, novelist and avid birdwatcher Graeme Gibson has crafted and extraordinary tribute to the venerable relationship between humans and birds") caught my eye. The illustrations are fabulous! I should get some sleep but Graeme Gibson's "avian miscellany" is calling.....................
I must extend a very heart felt thank you for all the support and comments from everyone. I really look forward to this time of sharing my photos and writing. And just so you know......I am still happy and still smiling.....I hope you are too!
you are taking to blogging like a fish to water (not original, sorry). i love looking at your blog.
ReplyDeletehappy days,
joanie
Thank you Joanie.....I am loving it and comments from wonderful people like you keep me motivated:)
ReplyDeletei love that book, too! i have it on the shelf, far from my studio, where it won't be cut into a thousand pieces... ;-)
ReplyDeletehave you checked out rock paper scissors? they might have some great bird papers to cut up?
thanks so much for the email about class.
hope you had a great tuesday!