My grandmother died several years ago. Not long after she passed, my mom was in Barnes & Noble when a book jumped off the shelf and demanded her attention. I don't recall the title but I remember that it was a story about a woman who had also lost her mother. She began discovering feathers in her house in the most unexpected places. Strangely enough, my mom also started finding feathers after her mom passed. You know when you get magazines in the mail....and sometimes they are wrapped in plastic?? Well, my mom found a feather in between the pages of Gourmet magazine....after unwrapping it and removing it from the plastic. My two sisters and I also find feathers and I love to think that my Grandma is here....watching over all of us. When Rowan was a newborn...I was changing his diaper and when I lifted his little bottom up.....there was a single white fluffy feather. I called my mom and told her that Grandma had come to welcome Rowan to the world. She was here again....just the other night....Rowan was sound asleep on his tummy and there was a perfect, delicate little feather right between his shoulders. I love you Grandma!
A very dear friend of mine lost her husband a few months back. She was telling me about working in her yard and that when her husband would work in the yard it would bring on the rain.....just at the right time. I asked her about feathers. She told me that the day she was gardening, thinking about the rain and her dear husband....she noticed a single feather sticking straight up out of the ground. How very curious!
A very dear friend of mine lost her husband a few months back. She was telling me about working in her yard and that when her husband would work in the yard it would bring on the rain.....just at the right time. I asked her about feathers. She told me that the day she was gardening, thinking about the rain and her dear husband....she noticed a single feather sticking straight up out of the ground. How very curious!

such a beautiful story. xoxoox
ReplyDeleteFeathers can be such simple but magical things. I've heard of the same experiences with butterflies.
ReplyDelete