The Art of Kristin Rexter

Monday, July 13, 2009

Pleasure

The following is from the Book of Qualities by Ruth Gendler. This was read to us by Jena in a recent Expressive Arts Therapy Session. It has stuck with me and I so wanted to share this with everyone. Payday is just a few days away and this book will be coming home with me!

We could all benefit from more Pleasure in our lives!


Pleasure is wild and sweet. She likes purple flowers. She loves the sun and the wind and the night sky. She carries a silver bowl full of liquid moonlight. She has a cat named Midnight with stars on his paws.

Many people mistrust Pleasure and even more misunderstand her. For a long time I could hardly stand to be in the same room with her. I went to sleep early to avoid her. I thought she was a gossip and a flirt and she drank too much. In school we learned that she was dangerous and I was sure that she would distract me from my work. I didn't realize she could nurture me.

As I have changed, Pleasure has changed. I have learned to value her friendship.

By Ruth Gendler
Posted by Kristin at 7:06 PM

No comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

Blog Archive

  • ▼  2009 (108)
    • ►  03/08 - 03/15 (11)
    • ►  03/15 - 03/22 (10)
    • ►  03/22 - 03/29 (10)
    • ►  03/29 - 04/05 (12)
    • ►  04/05 - 04/12 (6)
    • ►  04/12 - 04/19 (4)
    • ►  04/19 - 04/26 (3)
    • ►  05/03 - 05/10 (9)
    • ►  05/10 - 05/17 (4)
    • ►  05/17 - 05/24 (2)
    • ►  05/24 - 05/31 (6)
    • ►  06/07 - 06/14 (10)
    • ►  06/21 - 06/28 (4)
    • ►  07/05 - 07/12 (3)
    • ▼  07/12 - 07/19 (3)
      • Pleasure
      • Courage
      • My New Journey
    • ►  08/02 - 08/09 (2)
    • ►  08/09 - 08/16 (1)
    • ►  08/30 - 09/06 (2)
    • ►  09/20 - 09/27 (1)
    • ►  09/27 - 10/04 (3)
    • ►  11/08 - 11/15 (2)
  • ►  2010 (12)
    • ►  03/14 - 03/21 (1)
    • ►  05/23 - 05/30 (1)
    • ►  07/25 - 08/01 (3)
    • ►  08/01 - 08/08 (5)
    • ►  08/08 - 08/15 (2)

Music I love

  • The Sundays
  • The Innocence Mission
  • Ayo
  • Eddie Vedder
  • Frou Frou
  • Jose Gonzalez
  • The Hackensaw Boys
  • Abigail Washburn
  • Gregory and the Hawk
  • Missy Higgins

What I'm reading

  • Annie Leibovitz At Work
  • Art Heals
  • Blue Latitudes
  • Born to Run
  • Geek Love
  • Journal Revolution
  • New and Selected Poems
  • Picking Clean the Bones by Sally Atkins

Followers

About Me

My photo
Kristin
cougar,mother, recycler, obsessive email checker, photographer, wife, artist, soup and bread lover, Earl Grey tea drinker, bird lover, traveler, shy, nap taker, pumpkin muffin muncher, book lover, documentary watcher, mother to 4 sons. daydreamer, Nia dancer, storm watcher, funny girl
View my complete profile

My Blog List

  • The World Examining Works
    The New Normal - Since I haven't posted on this blog for five years, there may be lots of posting errors. Anyway, as you will understand only too well, I won't really be ex...
    6 years ago
  • Ink on my fingers
    You are safe and you are loved - “What I know is that it’s going to be better. If it’s bad, it might get worse, but I know that it’s going to be better. And you have to know that. Ther...
    6 years ago
  • Alice in Paris loves Art and Tea
    December 31 End of a decade - [image: wintercamper2019] Wow, hard to believe we are at the threshold of 2020. It seems only yesterday we were worried about Y2K. Will this be another ve...
    6 years ago
  • Ornamental
    another long time - One knows that a day can be beautifully redeemed upon reception late in the afternoon of a heavy heart rock of petrified wood, found and sent priority post...
    7 years ago
  • Rodrigvitz Style
    SUPER moon - so...this beautiful full moon and an abundance of milkweed pods all good signs...AND typepad has a free option, didn't know so, false alarm, here I am...an...
    8 years ago
  • Mo'a Romig-Boyles
    Monkey In Iceland - One morning, when I was twelve years old, I walked into the kitchen that we shared with another family, and all of a sudden something jumped on my shoulder...
    9 years ago
  • Snips and Snails and Puppy Dog Tails
    Pinchie Needs Some TLC - This is Pinchie. She and my granddaughter have been best friends since the very beginning. Pinchie gets her name from her now almost nonexistent tail, ...
    9 years ago
  • That House
    -
    10 years ago
  • Soul Aperture
    winter peonies - ` i felt like we were so close to Spring then the snow arrived once again heavy tree limbs slippery roads though the silence of snow does serve its purpos...
    10 years ago
  • Four Ravens
    Creative Challenges - It’s a new year, so it’s time to think about our creative pursuits for the coming year. I participate in a variety of creative challenges throughout the ye...
    10 years ago
  • Visually Oriented Blog
    - I have decided to no longer publish public posts. I am instead opting to send out email newsletters as I am a bit more of an introvert and an email, at le...
    11 years ago
  • somepinkflowers
    haiku my heart stays home - here and now this day mossy trees curtain my view wide world swims on in ~~~~ please click here for more haiku my heart with dear hostess recuerda mi coraz...
    12 years ago
  • Misty Mawn
    - Wishing you a very Happy New Year!!! xo
    12 years ago
  • Bird Tweets
    Day 336 Dr. Bird Returns - I'm hilarious! No really I am. I was walking down Bird Tweets memory lane deciding what to move to the new site and i met up with my alter ego Dr. Bird. He...
    14 years ago
  • Ilka's Attic -- Mixed-Media Artist Susan Tuttle
    new day, fresh blog! - I am pleased to invite you to the home of my new blog and website! www.susantuttlephotography.com Please come on over and join me:) Note: I have moved a...
    14 years ago
  • Soul Stitching
    A poem I love - Love After Love The time will come when, with elation you will greet yourself arriving at your own door, in your own mirror and each will smile at the...
    15 years ago
  • LiLi M.
    A few flea market finds/Een paar vlooienmarkt vondsten - *Before it is weekend again and I have to show you some more flea market finds, as it will be 'Rommeldam' again, I'll show you some of my favorite Queen's...
    15 years ago
  • Susanna's Sketchbook
    -
  • Rochambeau
    -
  • persisting stars
    -
  • The Metaphorical Magpie
    -
  • sweet indigo life
    -
Simple theme. Powered by Blogger.