Friday, March 20, 2009

Self Portraits



bolstered!



softening....

In this post and the next I have included photos of self-portraits in progress. They are created by the amazing women in Jena Leake's Expressive Arts Therapy class. Every week I am just so amazed by these very beautiful and talented women. I thank them for sharing their stories...(life's ups and downs).... their written words.....their vulnerabilities.... for allowing me to be myself! I enjoyed dancing with our masks....dancing with each other....quietly admiring not only the paintings....but the process.........
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

  1. I am amazed at the beautiful face you have created and all that has been opened through your allowing yourself to admire that face.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bolster: To buoy up or hearten

    I love that you chose that word underneath my picture... I love that word. I will have to write about that word. thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i so love that mask! it reminds me of one of the many dolls that my grandma had, she collected dolls and had ROOMS full. if only i could go back to that place in my life now with a camera in hand, sigh.
    beautiful pieces you have created.

    ReplyDelete