Wednesday, March 18, 2009

The Power of Forgiveness

Today forgiveness has been on my mind.
I thought I had forgiven.
I said to myself "I forgive you", but it was not until last night that I put my whole heart and soul out there and sincerely offered forgiveness. I know now that until last night I was only going through the motions.....wanting to believe that I had forgiven....but not committed.
Today I have discovered that by forgiving........someone else was set free. It sounds strange to me....but it was almost audible....like a deep exhalation..... even though there are miles between us. I believe that when we don't forgive one another we hold our hearts hostage.
So.......I am sorry. I love you. Please forgive me.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, the art of self forgiveness...and forgiveness of others....Hard work. Hard hard soul work but congratulations for forgiving yourself and freeing someone in the process. I have to constantly forgive myself. I think it is on going. I am excited to see your mask...shame on me I havent touched mine. I think I am afraid to mess it up. Right now it is perfect. Cant wait for tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm still working on forgiving myself. I needed to forgive someone else. Very hard work indeed but so liberating!
    There is no way you could mess up your mask. I'm going to bring some embellishments and other art supplies and I would love to share them. And you know....you may not want to paint yours......the simplicity of the white may speak to you.

    ReplyDelete