Wednesday, March 11, 2009

I AM.........................

As I sit here at my computer at a ridiculous hour (since I have to be at work very soon) my cheeks hurt from smiling so much. I am smiling.....and blushing after reading the beautiful comments some very kind bloggers (new friends and strangers) have left about my photos of Susanna's "Winged Messengers" . I am very shy...at times painfully so. For the past several years I have been following a few of my favorite artist's blogs.....always reading and admiring but too shy to comment or contact........until recently. I decided to take a risk.....first commenting on photos and artwork that inspired me and then...........emailing the artists. Quite honestly...I never expected a response.....and then............this very talented artist wrote me back....I've been reading her blog for awhile and discovered that we actually live in the same county! Next.....I picked up the Jan/Feb issue of Somerset Life, turned to p.94 and saw Susanna's lovely "Winged Messengers"....I was so moved by her random acts of kindness. I imagined what it would be like to find one of her "Winged Messengers".....how it would make me feel? Would it be just what I needed to hear that day? Would I be afraid to take it? After much thought I decided to take the risk.......to contact her and ask if I could photograph her Wings in my hometown. Her response was quick and amazing....."Really? You Will? Thank You!" A few weeks later her wings arrived with the wonderful message....."you will be okay".....

Like I said....I am shy....I began this blog by posting some photos and a poem with very little commentary or explanation......not really knowing what to say and obsessively worrying whether anything I had to say would be interesting enough. With encouragement, gentle suggestions and after reading parts of my email to Susanna on her blog.....I found some words.......what I wish for people to know about my photographs of the wings can be read on Susanna's blog........please visit.....I am still trying to figure out the technical part of blogging....how to rearrange photos I have already posted and to add commentary.

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! (eyes closed, head in hands, head turning side to side, smiling) I am happy.............


8 comments:

  1. I 'm your first follower:) The box looked so empty I had to do something about it:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bonjour from Paris! Had to stop in and say welcome to the blogosphere! Visiting with a calling card from the uber-talented Susannah. Aren't the winged messengers wonderful? So glad you shared your distribution of them. Au revoir!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome to the blogosphere, Kristin! I'm looking forward to learning more about you...your favourite places, your favourite foods, the things that catch your eye, your thoughts on our world... You're going to meet wonderful people through this medium - and they are going to meet wonderful you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A fellow nap taker & artist.
    Your photos are wonderful.
    What a brave girl you really are!
    Happy days,
    Joanie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome Kristin!

    New to your blog, I just had to stop in for a visit...

    and to wish you the happiest of times blogging.

    ~monica :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. i am smiling now, see how contagious goodness can be?! ;-)

    i do think being shy is a beautiful thing in many ways, instead of being so busy in the middle of everything you get to stand back and just quietly observe... but then it's SO fun to be in the middle, too... i am finding that out. regardless, i see here that you are thinking about hanging out in the middle for awhile? if that is so let me know so i can invite you for tea/coffee! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh and thank you for this post! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Welcome to the blog world!!! I came to you by Susanna's blog! She is talented and I love your pictures too! Maybe I should join in the winged messengers...

    ReplyDelete