Thursday, March 18, 2010
been hibernating!
Wow! It has been almost 4 months since I've posted anything on my blog. I'm not even sure where to begin. I tend to hide away in late Fall and Winter...withdrawing from everything.....staying close to home...I think it is probably seasonal affective disorder. I always look so forward to Spring...new growth, new beginnings, longer days and letting fresh air in.....into my home and my lungs. Spring is almost here....right around the corner, and I am beginning to feel a little more like myself. Next Tuesday I begin a new journey....I am getting on an airplane....flying to Seattle, meeting a friend of a friend to share a rental car with....picking up a dear friend along the way and am attending Artfest! in Port Townsend, WA. I will be sharing a room in a dorm with 3 other women I have never met...taking art classes from artist/ instructors I've followed for years. While I know that I am going to have a wonderful time....and as LK says "no need to worry, you are headed out to be with your tribe....really!".....I still worry myself....can Rex take care of the kids? get Rowan to daycare on time? will Rowan miss me? feelings of guilt....feeling selfish for taking a vacation by myself. Crazy, I know. Sometimes I just can't help myself. I am a worldwide worrier! So, for the next few days I will try to just breathe and will look forward to posting about my great art adventure when I return home....to embracing my family, holding them close and sending the Winter blahs far far away..........
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
You know I've been dormant on the blog as well until yesterday so we're on the same wavelength. I am oh so very envious of your trip to Port Townsend. I wish I could join you my dear friend, but the new job is just around the corner which means I must get my act together and move move move! I owe you an email so I will hopefully catch up with you before you leave next week.. xoxo
ReplyDeleteI know exactly how you feel!! I have been really stressing out about leaving my hubby in charge of my 4 year old son while I'm gone. But, I know that this trip will be just the thing I need to get myself rejuvinated and everyone will be happier when I return. I also look forward to meeting you. I also love The Sundays and Innocence Mission!! Don't worry too much; we are going to have so much fun!!!!
ReplyDeleteJennifer.....wish you were going! Shonna.....looking forward to meeting you!
ReplyDeletegood for you!
ReplyDeleteyou have been on my mind lately, so i thought i would just drop by your blog.
have a great wonderful artful time at artfest.
happy days,
joanie
p.s. pictures, post lots of pictures from artfest, ok?
wakey up, dear Kristin....
ReplyDeleteKristin, I'm just popping by to say hello. I sent you an email a few days ago about your winged messenger photos. I need to discuss something exciting with you so email me back okay? (not sure if the email I have for you is current)
ReplyDelete