Thursday, June 25, 2009

Wings


This is me. I painted it on Tuesday night at the Art Life Studio. I have signed up to participate in the Charlottesville Women's 4 miler. It is all for breast cancer. I can't help but believe that this painting was inspired by that.......the color (so much pink).....the boobs! It is all Woman!! I have to laugh at this right now.....I painted my wings and tied them to the front of my body instead of the back....I didn't realize it at the time. I was so caught up in painting something new and different....listening to Hawaiian music....eating pina colada cupcakes and just enjoying being with all of the lovely women in my expressive arts therapy group. I have been painting my soul houses for awhile.....this is also my house......our bodies are homes to so much....pain, joy, and love.

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. Look at that colour! I think your painting looks positive, pretty and with so meaning. Good work, Kristin!

    ReplyDelete