Rex really favors his Dad in the photo on the left. There is no way to explain the depth of my grief for this man that I never had the opportunity to meet. To watch Rex grieve for the loss of his Father. To watch my mother-in-law grieve the loss of her first true love. Although they divorced years and years ago, it became quite evident that even though the marriage did not work out, these two loved each other and Rex, then, now and always. The trip was bittersweet for both of us. I loved exploring Newport and Jamestown with the man that I love now and forever. I am reminded again at how fragile life is and that it can be taken away in an instant. How important it becomes to really live.......to be kind.....to let the people in your life know how very much you care about them.
Wednesday, May 27, 2009
Memories
We found this photograph of Rex's Dad and his mom at his Dad's apartment. I fell in love with it. The funny thing is that Rex and I were walking around downtown Newport, RI.....we stopped in an old arcade and went into a photo booth. We had just taken photos of ourselves and we were posed just like they were. Then I found this photo.
Rex really favors his Dad in the photo on the left. There is no way to explain the depth of my grief for this man that I never had the opportunity to meet. To watch Rex grieve for the loss of his Father. To watch my mother-in-law grieve the loss of her first true love. Although they divorced years and years ago, it became quite evident that even though the marriage did not work out, these two loved each other and Rex, then, now and always. The trip was bittersweet for both of us. I loved exploring Newport and Jamestown with the man that I love now and forever. I am reminded again at how fragile life is and that it can be taken away in an instant. How important it becomes to really live.......to be kind.....to let the people in your life know how very much you care about them.
Rex really favors his Dad in the photo on the left. There is no way to explain the depth of my grief for this man that I never had the opportunity to meet. To watch Rex grieve for the loss of his Father. To watch my mother-in-law grieve the loss of her first true love. Although they divorced years and years ago, it became quite evident that even though the marriage did not work out, these two loved each other and Rex, then, now and always. The trip was bittersweet for both of us. I loved exploring Newport and Jamestown with the man that I love now and forever. I am reminded again at how fragile life is and that it can be taken away in an instant. How important it becomes to really live.......to be kind.....to let the people in your life know how very much you care about them.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment