Well.......I'm getting ready to leave work and head down I64 towards Staunton. As many of you know, I have been trying to get permission to photograph on the property of the DeJarnette Sanatorium. Permission was granted! I have a lot of nervous energy and anxiety about the place. A lot of bad things happened there (involuntary sterilizations)......some say it is haunted. A friend of mine photographed it last week and he said he was approached by a policeman. The policeman told him it was haunted. I am taking my old faithful Nikon N65....shooting 35mm film. I'm bringing digital for instant gratification. I'm also trying something new.......infrared film! I LOVE experimenting. Susanna.....you have inspired me. I am trying to make messenger birds to leave places. I didn't get them made up today but plan to go back and leave one at the sanatorium.......maybe wings will help the tortured souls fly far away from that place. Wishful thinking. It is so beautiful in Charlottesville today. The sun is shining and there is a soothing breeze. I hope that all of you get a chance to take your wild souls out to play!
I cant wait to see these pictures. I know they are going to be fabulous and beautiful. ...and I love your blog title. I love that picture....I can just feel the message. And I love your idea about guerilla birds that have beautiful messages....Beautiful! Fabulously beautiful! Well I hope that me and you find a day to do coffee....do you go into work late one day this week??????? Okay, talk soon.
ReplyDelete