Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Creatress Workshop

Last Sunday I took Jena Leake's Creatress Worshop or mini-retreat. I convinced my dear friend Tia that she needed to take this workshop with me.....that it would be good for our souls! We spent the afternoon sharing poetry, journaling, movement, stories of love and loss....joy and heartache. We painted from our "wild souls". The beautiful painting below was painted by Tia. This painting IS Tia! She is vibrant and beautiful! She is full of life an love. She is bursting with creative energy. Oh yeah, and by the way.....she says she can't paint! :)


The painting below is mine. I can't help but think that the photographs of the sanatorium I took on Saturday influenced this painting. Just as old buildings decay if they are cast aside.......our souls too can decay if they are neglected. I need art to nourish my soul. Through expressive arts therapy I am finding my voice. I am listening more closely to the voices of others.

Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

  1. It sounds like you had a wonderful time at the retreat! And your painting is truly awesome. I enjoyed visiting your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are terrrific, Kristin. Are you going to frame yours or put it in a journal? It's great that your friend with you to the retreat.

    Happy Easter!

    PS:I just read your About Me and laughed when I read "cougar". Add good sense of humour to that list, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i have loved catching up here... missed visiting while i was off on the west coast.
    hope you had a wonderful easter?
    would love to meet up soon.... any day soon work for you? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kristin, your painting is so beautiful, I love it! Your analogy of a house in disrepair to the soul that is not kept up is perfect... very meaningful.

    I cant' wait till our next class begins and our new work begins to unfold. I am really excited about the "group" project we do for hte art show, curious to see how that will turn out!

    ReplyDelete